My Precious Bag

 

 What artifact I'll Introduce is the bag of craft band. This is made by my mother as a hobby. The bag's size is about 37cm in width and 31cm in height. It's about the same size as a regular bag. These bags are made of paper. In addition, the paper is not only nomal paper! The material is composed of milk cartons and used paper etc...


 So, the craft bands are so eco- friendly. I looked it the bamboo for the first time. The paper doesn't look it because the material is strong and hard.Many types of the bags since there are valuaition of colors. In addition, you can attach some decoration like the bags.


 I asked my grandmother why she started the craft band. To her, she saw her's friend bringing a craft band and she tryed to make the craft band. I had seen the grandmother often making it in living room on a free afternoon. "Hey grandma, What are you doing?" I said. "I'm just making the bag" She said with smile.Others day, "Hii grandma, what are you doing??" I said.  "I'm just making the bag"  She said.  She has always made the bag like this.


Suprisingly, she has made the craft bands for 7years!! "I make it hard, I couldn't make it well at all so I make it everyday!" She said.

 Why does she keeps making it, one of the meanings is fun to do it and most meaning is making it for someone such as my mother and her's friend. "I enjyoed making the some interesting bags to everyone" She said. My grand mother presented me the bag. The color is light brown, it can hold a lot of things and it is easy to use on a daily. I use the bag when to go shopping and friend's house as bags bring the game or toy.


 Craft band is so cheap because of using bags of rice as a recycled paper. You can start if you have five hundred yen.  These have many valuation of the color and you can buy the 100yen shops!  You should parchase the craftband!!


 The forests are about four billion hectares in the Earth and account for about 31% in total land area. However, the area are decreasing year by year. This problem leads to be short of forest resouces and grobal warming. On the other hand,In countries such as Brazil, deforestation is currently being carried out in order to increase the area of arable land. So the craft band is so eco-friendly to recycle the used paper.


  I think it bad for the future to decrease the people who inherite traditional culture. In my hometown named Nagaoka, it is famous for "Oguni Washi". Washi is the traditional paper used syodou or shouji. The history has continued for three hundreds year. However, There are only eight craftsmen in the workshop, and there is no successor. That's why I think it's important for young children to know the power of washi through the making experience. 


 This story started as a hobby of my grandmother, but I wanted to seriously think the fact that it is involved in social issues in Japan and around the world.  Also, I am very happy that I was able to spread the appeal of craft bands to everyone.

















Cite: One Earth Our Earth.com

コメント

  1. Hi, I'm Miyu. I saw craft band for the first time. I suprised that I can start craft band just 500 yen!

    返信削除
  2. Hi, I'm Riko. Your picture is so nice! Your craft bags were very cute! I was very surprised to see that they are made from various types of paper, including regular paper, milk cartons, and used paper!

    返信削除
  3. Hi, I'm Mii. The bags your grandmother made are cute! I think the idea of that reusing the paper and making bag is good! I am intersted in craft band I can make for cheap money.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

About me

FoodFoodFood!!!

BBQ